Menu.add_checkbutton problem under MS Windows

Ulrich Goertz lentugo at web.de
Wed Apr 18 17:33:04 EDT 2001

Hi,

I have a problem getting Menu.add_checkbutton to work satisfactorily on
Windows 2000 box. Basically, the checkbutton works, but the indicator
isn't
displayed correctly: if the button is 'checked', either the label covers
part of the indicator, or (after moving the mouse over the button) the
indicator covers part of the first letter. Not a big problem, but still
a bit annoying. Under Linux everything is fine.

I'd appreciate any comments. Maybe someone can point me to some Python
source with a checkbutton in a menu working correctly?

Thanks,

Ulrich

PS: This is where the problem comes up:

from Tkinter import *

root = Tk()
menu = Menu(root)
root.config(menu=menu)
x = IntVar()
menu1 = Menu(menu)
menu.add_cascade(label="f", menu=menu1)
menu1.add_checkbutton(label="test", variable=x)
menu1.add_command(label="xyz")

root.mainloop()