Python compiler?

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Tue Apr 24 18:58:07 EDT 2001

>Another concept I introduced is the "solidification" of a function.
>Certain globals and module contents can be marked as "solid", and loads
>of them will be hoisted into constant loads.  Typically, builtins like
>'range', the 'math' module, and its contents would be marked as "solid".

You did this primarily to reduce function call overhead in some contexts,
yes? What if it were possible in the python language proper or perhaps
in the implementation of external-C functions also to enable/assert solidity?
Also, while I think I follow you, perhaps you could explain this some more?

C//