SMS programming

Duncan Booth duncan at rcp.co.uk
Wed Apr 11 09:42:22 EDT 2001

Simon Brunning <SBrunning at trisystems.co.uk> wrote in
<mailman.986984116.16632.python-list at python.org>:

>Marc-André Lemburg has an SMS module on his page at
><http://www.lemburg.com/files/python/>. I haven't tried it myself - I
><http://www.lemburg.com/files/python/>. I haven't tried it myself - I
>can't find a UK based free SMS service to use. Any suggestions?

I dont know any service compatible with that particular script, but I see
BT's genie service is now advertising free SMS, so it should be possible to
get a pre-pay phone connected up to your PC and send free SMS using one of
the many SMS applications available. I seem to remember that one I looked at
was quite happy to pull messages out of a pop3 mailbox and forward them
through your phone. It would be nice though if someone could come up with a
Python module to send 8bit SMS messages.