Whither SmallScript? (was Re: Integer micro-benchmarks)

Andrew Hunt andy at toolshed.com
Thu Apr 26 20:29:49 EDT 2001

> Out of the dirth of scripting languages available,
> Python and PHP are at the top of our well-known candidate list. There are
> parties who have either expressed an interest in or are working on languages
> such as Scheme, JScript, and Basic.

Have you taken a look at Ruby?

It's remarkably clean, dynamic, fully OO, and open source.  I find I can
wrote more code in Ruby faster, and with fewer errors, than any other
language I know (and I've tried quite a few).

For more info, try:

www.ruby-lang.org

and

www.rubycentral.com

Enjoy!

--
Andrew Hunt, The Pragmatic Programmers, LLC.
Innovative Object-Oriented Software Development
web:   http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com   email: andy at pragmaticprogrammer.com
--
Books by Andrew Hunt and David Thomas:
    "The Pragmatic Programmer" (Addison-Wesley 2000)