[Q] Is there a PocketPC port of Python

Brad Clements bkc at Murkworks.com
Tue Apr 10 11:56:31 EDT 2001

Yes, there is a porting project in the works now to port Python 2.1b2 and
Win32 Extensions to the Pocket PC platform, specifically the iPaQ.

In fact, a group of folks have banded together and contributed funds towards
the purchase of an iPaq and PCMCIA Jacket, which I am currently using to do
the port.

I received the iPaQ last Friday (the 6th). Currently I am merging Mark
Hammond's older Python-CE patches into the current 2.1b2 CVS source.

You can follow this project on the python-ce mailing list (at
yahoogroups.com).

I'd like to publicly thank the following contributors:

Project Cost $650 for iPaQ and PCMCIA Jacket (we're now just $50 shy of this
goal)

a.. iPaQ Project Contributors

  a.. Ted Shab - $100 - announce ok

  b.. Ken Manheimer - $50 - announce ok

  c.. Michael Hauser - $50 - announce ok

  d.. Frank Glass (Holos Software) ($100) - announce ok

  e.. Jeff Bauer $148 - announce ok

  f.. Val Bykovsky $50 - announce ok

a.. Pledges

  a.. Mark Hammond $100 - announce ok