PythonWin 2 UNIX

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Thu Apr 5 22:08:34 EDT 2001

"dsavitsk" <dsavitsk at e-coli.net> wrote in message
news:hLPy6.9101$mA.3008479 at newsrump.sjc.telocity.net...
> I wrote some code w/ PythonWin (ActivePython 2.0) and when I tried to run
it
> on FreeBSD (Python 1.5.2 / Idle .5) I got syntax errors due to the '\r' on
> the end of every line.  Is there a way to stop this behavior from PyWin?
> thanks,
> doug

Doug:

Just to revisit: the only problem I have heard about CRLF causing was in the
#!, where the CR will be taken as part of the program name, and the Python
interpreter file will not be found. Are you saying that UNIX flavours cannot
ignore a carriage return? If so, it would be interesting to see such syntax
error report.

regards
 Steve