Struct alignment.

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Fri Apr 13 13:49:38 EDT 2001

Heyas,

I'm looking for a struct-like module that deals with struct alignment
properly. That is, I have a long and complicated struct (close to 2k in
length, in fact) which includes structs, which include multiple structs
themselves, and sometimes arrays of structs. I would very much like to be
able to unpack them in a single statement, or at least in more than several
quadzillion statements :) Currently, I have to practically do the struct
unpacking myself, by hand, which not only makes for a long and errorprone
writing procedure, but it makes it also very annoying to change, which I
want to be able to do quickly ;P

So, is there a module out there that handles 'sub'-'struct-alignment
properly ? I can't decide between manually splitting up and manually
calculating the size of the structs, so even a tool to help me with either
would be nice ;)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>