Python & ODBC problems

Larry Bates lbates at syscon-computers.com
Fri Apr 27 10:14:09 EDT 2001

I have been trying off and on for the last couple of weeks to get connected
to ODBC from a Python application.  I have tried ODBC and mxODBC with no
success.  When I try to connect to DSN the CPU utilization on my machine
goes to 100% and the application never finishes.  Can anyone help a newbie
get past this seemingly insurmountable hurdle?  I have a lot of projects
that I want to do, but access to ODBC data source is going to be a
requirement for most of them.

Thanks in advance,
Larry Bates

Config:

Windows 98 (w/all patches applied from Windows Update)
128Mb
ActiveState Python 2.0, build 203