list comprehensions whats happening here

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Fri Apr 13 15:29:41 EDT 2001

"Steve Holden" <sholden at holdenweb.com> wrote in message
news:DhIB6.173569$5H6.6118625 at e420r-atl2.usenetserver.com...
<snip>
> My own take is that everything is entirely consistent, and should be left
> alone. There's a good reason why the list comprehension syntax doesn't
have
> commas in it!

Probably the only good way to *fix* (?) this would be to enforce encomassing
parentheses on a tuple, and I'm sure this effect within comprehensions is a
small price to pay to avoid that.  Even then, while it may make it clearer
what's going on, it still wouldn't change the behaviour.

--

Emile van Sebille
emile at fenx.com