driving Internet Explorer with Python

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Thu Apr 5 08:29:27 EDT 2001

"Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:9ahkf602hu2 at news2.newsguy.com...
> "Neil Hodgson" <neilh at scintilla.org> wrote in message
> news:QiYy6.5601$Xi1.44246 at news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>     [snip]
> >    Scripting IE is a /huge/ topic. I had a look and couldn't find a way
> > print to a particular device.
>
> I think you just need to win32print.SetDefaultPrinter('whatever'),

I just went through scripting form letters created with word, using Zope to
get the variable fields, then printing from the server using word.  It
appears that setting 'whatever' isn't consistent between MS applications,
and the only way I got it to work is by accessing VB interactive mode within
word to see what word thinks the printers' names' are.

Do you know if this way resolve that issue across all windows applications?

Thanks,

--

Emile van Sebille
emile at fenx.com