A list of Python users?

Jan Dries jdries at mail.com
Sun Apr 22 20:39:27 EDT 2001

Courageous wrote:

> >I asked Ron in a private email if he had any referenes to back up his
> >statement, but he couldn't immediately recall where he read it.
> >Does anyone else happen to have references on IBM extensively using
> >Python?
>
> There's a big list of this kind of stuff at http://www.python.org.

Indeed, but as to IBM, it only says "Python was ported to OS/390 UNIX
System Services to facilitate automated testing of internet tools." Not
exacty my idea of "IBM extensively using Python in many areas of the
company", as Ron put it.
That's why I asked for more references.

I am aware that www.python.org has many references to many companies
using Python, but at the company where I work, they don't really care
about "Satz-Rechen-Zentrum Berlin", "Swedish Meteorological and
Hydrological Institute" or even LANL and Google for that matter. But
some good references to IBM would make my case to sell Python to my
management a whole lot easier.

Jan