py2exe + Pmw = my problem

Nick Perkins nperkins7 at home.com
Sun Apr 29 02:30:20 EDT 2001

I have been trying out py2exe, with excellent success
'compiling' programs that use Tkinter.

But when I throw in something from Pmw
(PythonMegaWidget) module, it doesn't work.

py2exe finishes, but warns:
warning: py2exe: * The following modules were not found:
warning: py2exe: *   ce

( what the heck is 'ce' ? -- related to 're' ? )

..and the resulting .exe fails, saying
    File "Pmw\__init__.pyc", line 34, in ?
IndexError: list index out of range

..as an aside, i am not even sure how this whole
'setup.py' business works. Do i really need to
understand distutils (i dont), when all i really want
to do is make a program into an exe?

..what do i need to learn here, and where should i start?

Thanks for any pointers!
(Python is great!...the more I learn, the cooler it gets!)