Best way of extending Python com or lnk or dll?

Owen F. Ransen ransen_spam_me_not at nemo.it
Tue Apr 24 05:50:00 EDT 2001

I'd like to extend Python and I'm not yet sure if it would
be best to use COM (of which I know next to nothing) or
a different method.

I'd like to extend it for both Mac and Windows and it would
probably be best to use methods as similar as is possible
for these two environments, though it may not be easy....

Is there an equivalent to Com on the Mac which works,
would work, with Windows?

I *think*, from reading the docs, is that the easiest way for
me to add my own functions to Python on both the Mac and
Windows is for me to statically link the new functions into
the Python source.

Any ideas/comments?

--
Owen F. Ransen