Thread interruption

Yann Cointepas yann.cointepas at chups.jussieu.fr
Fri Apr 27 11:54:22 EDT 2001

Is there any portable ( Unix and Windows) way to interrupt a thread ?

I made a program that is a graphical environment that is used to launch
user Python scripts. Each user script is executed in its own thread
"within" a common graphical environment provided by the main program. I
would like to allow the user to kill a script but I found no clean and
portable way to interrupt a thread from another thread.

Is it possible ?
Will it be possible ?

At least I realy need to interrupt a thread on Unix, can I safely use
Python threads and a C extension module which uses libpthread ?

Thanks for any hint.
--
Yann Cointepas                        Tel: +33 1 53 82 84 14
INSERM U494 - CHU Pitié-Salpêtrière   Fax: +33 1 53 82 84 48