Passwords / PAM

Radovan Garabik garabik at center.fmph.uniba.sk.spam
Thu Apr 26 13:04:35 EDT 2001

Mats Wichmann <xyzmats at laplaza.org> wrote:
 : Turns out I need a way to deal with prompting a user for a password
 : and having it be encoded in the proper manner; some of the target
 : systems are using crypt-style password encoding and some are using
 : MD5.  I'm presuming I could use PAM for this... does anyone know of a
 : Python PAM module?  I didn't locate one in a brief search, but I'm
 : suspecting there is one out there...

my debian box gives me:
atlas13:pts/3:~% cat /usr/doc/python-pam/copyright
This is the Debian package of a Python PAM module.

This package was put together by Gregor Hoffleit <flight at debian.org>,
from sources obtained from

  ftp://ftp.pangalactic.org/pub/tummy/.

Author: Rob Riggs <rob at pangalactic.org>

Copyright:

 Copyright (c) 1999 Rob Riggs and tummy.com, Ltd. All rights reserved.
 Released under GNU GPL version 2.

On Debian GNU/Linux systems, the complete text of the GNU General
Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL'.
atlas13:pts/3:~%

I used it a few times and it worked ok