Chocolate [was Re: Python Books for 2002]

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 10 07:07:06 EDT 2001

"Konrad Hinsen" <hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr> wrote in message
news:m366gdqgrr.fsf at chinon.cnrs-orleans.fr...
> "Steve Holden" <sholden at holdenweb.com> writes:
>
> > One thing I *don't* understand is how come the stuff Hershey and similar
> > companies sell is even allowed to be called chocolate. One of the
nastier
> > surprises about moving to the USA was the discovery that many items sold
>
> Come to France - chocolatewise this is a highly civilized country.

And not _only_ chocolatewise -- in bread AND wine AND cheese, as well
as in high-quality chocolate, I consider you guys the only ones on
a par with Italy...

> No problem to find 85% pure chocolate even in an ordinary supermarket.

Interesting!  Here, you win -- most Italian supermarkets focus on
low-price, industrial-quality chocolate (_large_ hypermarkets are
fortunately an exception -- to some extent this goes for wine, cheese,
and bread, too).

Alex