Pythonwin interactive window editing?

scott smarsh at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 13 15:40:23 EDT 2001

Just installed Pythonwin (ActivePython build 202) on NT4. Seems very
nice so far except...

Previously (an hour ago) I used the history feature of IDLE 0.6 that
came with BeOpen Python 2.0 to recall previous commands (Alt-p etc). Is
something like this available in the Pythonwin interactive window? I
uninstalled BeOpen Python 2.0 before installing Pythonwin.
Thanks in advance.

P.S.
On a related note, I can't seem to use IDLE anymore. I tried to start
c:\Python20\Tools\IDLE\idle.pyw
I got an error message (unable to locate DLL tk83.dll). Sure enough,
this isn't on my system.
Is IDLE supposed to work using Pythonwin?

The following (and the fact that IDLE is included in Activestates
distribution) seems to indicate it should:
http://www.activestate.com/ASPN/Downloads/ActivePython/More
"New in this version: ... this distribution includes the _tkinter module
which allows the use of the IDLE IDE...

Can I / how can I use IDLE from the Pythonwin distribution?
Again, thanks for any insights.