Python and Apache

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon Apr 16 18:37:55 EDT 2001

David Fuess wrote:

> Yes, that's what I thought also, but I am able to execute
>
> /usr/local/bin/python /home/httpd/cgi-bin/hello
>
> and it works. Also I've checked and everything is where it's supposed
> to be. "which python" returns "/usr/local/bin/python".  Interesting
> though that when I attempt ./hello when CWD=/home/httpd/cgi-bin I get
> the file not found error also(?). I'm wondering if the /cgi-bin/ ->
> /home/httpd/cgi-bin is working correctly.

Well, check it.

If the paths are correct, then it's probably either 1. the script is
executable by you but not by nobody (what Apache runs as) or 2. you have
Apache configured in such way that it will execute CGI scripts only if
they end in .cgi.

/  \ Let he who does not know what war is go to war.
\__/ (a Spanish proverb)
    Erik Max Francis' bookmarks / http://www.alcyone.com/max/links/
 A highly categorized list of Web links.