pyapache anyone

Sam Penrose sam.at.ddmweb.dot.com at classicrock.ddmweb.com
Fri Apr 27 12:35:15 EDT 2001

Nell'articolo <mailman.988225957.759.python-list at python.org>, "Sam

Lele ha scritto:
> No, I wasn't aware of it. Do you have any simple/self-contained script
> that triggers the problem?

Nope. We used it for months in preproduction, then went live and the
site was a lot busier than anyone expected. The failure was
catastrophic, and all we were interested in was making the site work
again. We've since gone to a cluster.

Coincidentally, google just restored Deja's Usenet archive, so you can
see the thread I spawned and the confirmation I got at the end of it
from "seant at iname.com":

"I've just completed a couple of overnight thrashing tests. Serving
400,000 pages or so appears to leak about 400MB of memory.
This amounts to about 1kb per page invocation. Each page was served
by PyApache. The system tracking tool on Linux showed the 10 or so
httpd processes that had been spawned as having grown to about 40MB
each."

<http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&ic=1&th=5f604e35e318d1e4&seekm=8dni3s%241o1%241%40nnrp1.deja.com#p>

(or search for PyApache in comp.lang.python in April of last year).