Why Parrot?

a-steinhoff at web.de a-steinhoff at web.de
Mon Apr 2 12:37:10 EDT 2001

In article <KWSx6.6245$SR6.2209695 at typhoon1.ba-dsg.net>, "szhao" says...

>After reading GvR's article and others, I can not figure out a strong reason
>why Python 3000 ---> Parrot?, which introduces weird syntax (at least to
>me). I am afraid that Parrot may hurt Python community.

Hmm ... ActiveState is 'collecting' today the innovators of Perl, Python, PHP
(and other languages ?).

Python.NET?  Perl.NET?  PHP.NET?  .... could it be that someone is trying to get
control over these open source languages??

>From the ActiveState homepage:

Upcoming Releases
   Microsoft Visual Studio plugins: Visual Perl and Visual Python
   Program on the .NET platform: Perl .NET and Python .NET

Armin