two newbie mac-python questions

David Cortesi d_cortesi at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 15 16:00:12 EDT 2001

Surely these are easy to the point of dumb:

When the Mac IDE or interpreter terminates (and this includes
normal termination of the installed EditPythonPrefs applet),
it puts up an empty window with the string "<terminated>" in
the title bar, and won't go away until cmd-Q is typed a second time.
I've sung "how can I miss you if you won't go away" to it, but
it didn't help. How can this annoying behavior be stomped?

I can't get the IDE to display its Debugger window by any means
except clicking the [Post mortem..] button in the Traceback
window which appears when a Run program terminates.  And when
the Debugger window is invoked in this way, the only one of its
buttons that is active is [Kill].  The Run/Stop/Step etc buttons
are grayed-out.  How can the Debugger window be opened and
used to start, stop, and step a program interactively?

Thanks,
    Dave Cortesi

--
David Cortesi - d_cortesi at yahoo dot com