Need help on configuring IIS to run jython-scripts (CGI)

Morten Thorsen mthorsen at siving.hia.no
Sun Apr 22 08:12:51 EDT 2001

Hi!

I have problems running python-scripts on the jython interpreter when
accessing
them through Microsoft Internet Information Service and CGI (windows
2000).

Can anybody please help me ?

Here's some information:

* Python-scripts works fine on the jython interpreter when started from
the dos-shell, so jython is probably set up right

* I've managed to configure IIS/CGI to understand and run perl-scripts
(with perl.exe as the interpreter), so I guess I know how to map
extensions to applications in IIS

* In IIS I mapped .py files to hopefully be run under jython like this:
c:\progra~1\jython\jython.bat %s %s
  (this is equivalent to what I did when I mapped perl-files...except
for the application ofcourse)

* The browser gives me some information saying that I'm not allowed to
run the application. Since the python-scripts are located in the same
directory as the working perl-scripts, My guess is that I (the web-user)
am not allowed to feed jython (jython.bat), but I really don't have a
clue...and at least not how to fix the problem

If anybody have any solutions/recepies on how to fix this, I'll be very
pleased.

Thanks for your time!

Best regards

Morten Thorsen