Python extension package namespace

Tu-Thach tuthach at aix11.unm.edu
Wed Apr 18 18:50:04 EDT 2001

Never mind, I got it fixed.  This is the problem: somehow when I put it
under a subdirectory, called "tmp", and a also include the __init__.py
file in this directory, the Python interpreter complains that Riff2 entry
not found!  I ended up deleting the directory and re-create it and it
works! JFYI.

Tu-Thach

Tu-Thach (tuthach at aix09.unm.edu) wrote:
: I have written a simple test extension module for Python and called it
: testxyz.  What I'd like to know is how can I make the module so that when
: I call it from Python I can use
: from test.testxyz import *
: instead of using
: from testxyz import *
: It's is pretty much like putting python code into packages.  I've tried
: putting it under a sub directory, but it doesn't work.  Anybody has any
: suggestions?

: Thanks,
: 				Tu-Thach