linux & users' python-extensions

Paweł Stołowski pawelstol at poczta.onet.pl
Mon Apr 9 13:58:34 EDT 2001

I've installed Python into /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/lib/Python2.0.
Now I'd like to allow an ordinary user to maintain his own python-extensions
modules (written in C/C++). So, each user's python programs should see
the global modules hierarchy, but also allow the user to import his own
modules and link coresponding C/C++ modules, when needed. Is it possible
without cluttering global Python-configuration each time an user needs
to play with his new extension-module? I'm new to Python, so any help
will be appreciated; I found lots of docs on the web, but I can't find
the exact answer to the above question (if it exists at all).

TIA,

yogin