Submitting Bugs at Sourceforge

Stephen Hansen news at myNOSPAM.org
Mon Apr 23 04:39:07 EDT 2001

"Tim Peters" <tim.one at home.com> wrote in message
> [Stephen]
> >     Alrighty, I'll get a clean download of the sources and re-put in my
> > changes and make some patches. The problem is -- How does one
> > make patches in Windows?
>
> [Neil Schemenauer]
> > I would say downloading Cygwin would be your best bet.  There are
> > other Unix style diff ports as well.
>
> I expect I've tried every Windows diff and patch port there is by now, and
> Cygwin's are the only ones that haven't screwed up (yet <wink>).  I guess
the
> ones buried in Windows CVS work too, but then poor Stephen would have to
"cvs
> diff -c" against the source tree on Windows.  I really don't want his pain
> be infinite!

    <laugh> Much to my surprise, I have Cygwin installed, too. I don't
exactly remember ever installing it, nor running anything from it. So,
problem solved, I found a diff/patch. :)

> Provided there aren't many files here, I'm just as happy for Stephen to
email
> them (or any of the other non-patch alternatives).

    Whoops. Since I was able to actually make a patch, I submitted it to
Sourceforge, 'tis #418147. Granted, I have a feeling that a couple ways I
'fixed' things aren't quite the Python Way, but they are what needs to be
done.

    After they're looked at and I see how they end up really being
implemented, I'll submit the patch to fix 'msvcrt', since theoretically I'll
then know how the 'right' way to fix its problems are. :)

--Stephen
(replace 'NOSPAM' with 'seraph' to respond in email)