newbie question: Mod_python or php?

Brett Haydon bbhaydon at bigpond.com
Thu Apr 5 05:50:59 EDT 2001

Try getting started with the mod.publisher module within modpython.

PHP is probably easier to get started with but I think that overall Python
offers greater flexibility in the long run.

I started the same way, fumbling around with no idea, but once I'd worked
a few things out I managed to build a fairly solid e-commerce site in a
week as an exercise.

Theres no way I would have completed the same exercise in PHP in that time
(unless I'd cheated).

However, finding someone to host modpython, thats another story!

Brett

news:986371258.262634 at nntp01.uskonet.com...