Submitting Bugs at Sourceforge

Stephen news at myNOSPAM.org
Sun Apr 22 05:59:48 EDT 2001

Hello,

    I'm in the process of working on the Python-2.1 sources to make them
compile from Borland C++Builder, since it has a free compiler out there and
all. I'm done, actually, except for peering at the msvcrt and decide how I
want to fix that one:)

    Its actually been incredibly simple, since its just mostly a matter of
different spellings of various constants/functions (when VC names something
_function, borland names it function... and when borland names something
_function, VC names it function. Grr!) I just managed to get a python21.dll
out of it C++Builder, so I imagine its been halfway a success :)

    Now, my question: I submitted 4 bug-reports on the various minor fixes
that needed to be done, and have 4 left that I havn't sent in yet. Just in
general, would it be better for me to send in a batch of those little fixes,
or submit each one as a seperate bug report? For the most part, they're
changing various #defines which at the moment assume Win32 = Visual C++.

Anyways. Off to bed.

--Stephen
(replace 'NOSPAM' with 'seraph' to respond in email)