Python/CGI and 502 errors under IIS

Peter J. Ungaro ungarop at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 11:09:03 EDT 2001

Hello all,

I am trying to use ActiveState ActivePython 2.0 for CGI scripting under W2K
Professional/IIS 5.0.  I am working on a laptop that is acting as the web
server as well as my development machine.  I am trying to learn Python...

Every time I try to execute a test script either by direct URL or by a form
POST, I get a 502 error (Bad Gateway) in the server log file:

19:47:46 127.0.0.1 POST /www_test/script/test.cgi 502

My site has Read/Execute permission, and I have registered Python in the
Application Mapping area (as a Script Engine) of the IIS config tool for the
.py and the .cgi extensions (and I have tried both).

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?  Why would I be seeing a Bad Gateway
error?

Thank you,
Peter