ActiveState Ruby?

William Tanksley wtanksle at dolphin.openprojects.net
Wed Apr 11 14:58:42 EDT 2001

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:31:31 -0400, snowzone wrote:
>In comp.lang.python, you wrote:

>> I find it more relevant to speculate on whether Python would fork if the
>> merpeople start invading our cities riding on the backs of giant king
>> crabs.

>which is about what i expect from the python ng when i ask a legitimate
>question <snrk>

That's a bit ambiguous: are you expecting Python to fork when you ask a
legitimate question, or are you expecting the merpeople to start an
invasion?

I wouldn't let that stop me from asking a legitimate question, but you of
course have to set your own risk tolerance levels.

>thanks for not disappointing...

Anytime.  One thing's for sure: we know what you're NOT expecting!  Bring
in the COMFY CHAIR!

The error in your question is manifold: you assume that something here
could cause Python to fork (unlikely); you assume that forks are easy to
do (false); and you assume that forks are bad (also false).

--
-William "Billy" Tanksley