Curl, the language/environment/markup language...(Spanish Civil War)...

William Tanksley wtanksle at dolphin.openprojects.net
Thu Apr 5 20:39:44 EDT 2001

On Fri, 06 Apr 2001 00:25:24 GMT, Ron Stephens wrote:
>www.curl.com is the new website that I think just went up last Friday.
>Curl Corporation is a new MIT inspired outfit whose owners includes Tim
>Berners-Lee and Michael Dertoutzos (sp??) . I went there and I find it
>interesting, I wonder if anyone else has checked it out. If so, what do
>you think???

New?  Curl, the language, is _old_.  It's kind of a replacement for HTML,
TeX, Javascript, and CSS, all in one language.

http://www.cag.lcs.mit.edu/curl/

The corporation's Curl is different, although apparently the same basic
idea.

No competition from or to Python.  Ugh, what a horrible startup time -- no
competition to Java either.

I liked the original language, although it had very basic problems.

--
-William "Billy" Tanksley