Komodo in violation of Mozilla Public License?

Moshe Zadka moshez at zadka.site.co.il
Thu Apr 12 02:47:02 EDT 2001

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, "Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:

> David Ascher wrote
> > Likable, probably -- but also, very possibly, out of business.  We
> > (ActiveState) are in the fairly unusual position of trying to be both
> > valued community members and a successful business at the same
> > time.
>
> not that unusual in the python universe, though -- cannot think of
> any Python tools provider that doesn't also do open source stuff...
>
> Secret Labs, the WingIDE guys, theKompany, eGenix... (etc)

Completely agreeing with /F, and just adding Digital Creations to the
list. Of course, that doesn't detract from what David was saying --
sadly, it is still not considered the standard way to do business;
most companies seem to find it redundant to contribute anything back,
and I am certainly happy that Active State goes against the flow....
Now, if only the .deb's were as proffessional looking as the windows
installer ;-)
--
"I'll be ex-DPL soon anyway so I'm        |LUKE: Is Perl better than Python?
looking for someplace else to grab power."|YODA: No...no... no. Quicker,