Idiom gone, or did it really ever exist? () is ()

Stephen news at myNOSPAM.org
Wed Apr 18 15:39:01 EDT 2001

    I _really_ just don't get why you're going through all the trouble.
IMHO the below looks cleaner, and works, and can't possibly be considered
evil. :)

def fun(*args):
    if args == ((),):
        print 'We passed an empty tuple'
    elif args == ():
        print 'We didn't pass any arguments'
    else:
        print 'We passed the following arguments:' % args

--Stephen
(replace 'NOSPAM' with 'seraph' to respond in email)