Some Tkinter Canvas Objects

s713221 at student.gu.edu.au s713221 at student.gu.edu.au
Sun Apr 15 10:53:17 EDT 2001

I've just written a first stab at some code to make moderatly complex
tkinter canvas objects for a chemistry program, including:
	Simple Lines
	Double Lines
	Triple Lines
	Wavy Lines
	Scripted Text (Eg. I sorted out how to make a mixture of
super-scripted, sub-scripted and normal text on the canvas)
	Solid Wedges and
	Stippled Wedges.

Yes I know about Canvas.py, but it seemed overkill for what I wanted, I
couldn't use it directly without doing a lot of hacking on poor innocent
CanvasItem, and disagreed with me on how things should be done. Did
steal some ideas from it though ;-)

Now these files are to small for me to bother with setting up a
sourceforge account, but to large (In terms that it might pee people
off) for me to include as a message attachment. I can remember that the
official method is to post a vanilla shar file to a "sources" newsgroup
and post a reference here, but I can't remember what the other newsgroup
is.

However, I do want other people to read my code so I can get some
suggestions, re. optimisations, generalisations, *grins*
why-the-hell-did-you-do-it-that-way-isations. And, a little bit of ego
here, it would be cool if others found my stuff useful to them as well.

Joal Heagney/AncientHart