ActivePython 2.1 (build 210)

Paul Prescod paulp at ActiveState.com
Sat Apr 21 05:39:55 EDT 2001

Maniac wrote:

> Paul Prescod wrote:
>
> <SNIP>
> > BTW, the quotes around the path do not, as far as we know, cause any
> > serious problems on any variant of Windows. On the other hand, it may be
> > that we were over-conservative in adding them. I'll check with our QA
> > and installer guys about that.
>
> Wow Windows and Quality Assurance in the same paragraph.... what's the
> world coming to?
>
> BTW isn't Windows Quality Assurance an oxymoron?

I didn't say we quality assured windows. Just that we do quality
assurance ON windows. Quality assurance on unstable, inconsistent
platforms consists of figuring out what workarounds are necessary in
what circumunstances! We had some doozies getting out ActivePython on
e.g. Windows 95...and that was after all of the work the core team put
into Win95 compatibility themselves!
--
Take a recipe. Leave a recipe.