PyChecker 0.3 release

Neal Norwitz neal at metaslash.com
Tue Apr 17 12:11:02 EDT 2001

I have released PyChecker 0.3 to SourceForge.
	Web Page:     http://pychecker.sourceforge.net/
	Project Page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pychecker/

I'd like to thank everyone for all the feedback so far, it's been great!
In particular, Barry Scott has been very helpful.

The CHANGELOG and current command line options are included below.
The TODO list has gotten longer (see the web page or download).

As always, feedback, suggestions, complaints, etc are encouraged.

Neal
--

Here's the CHANGELOG:

Version 0.3     - 17 April 2001
  * Fix some checker crashes (oops)
  * Add warnings for code complexity (lines/branches/returns per func)
  * Add more configuration options
  * Don't produce spurious warning for:  x(y, { 'a': 'b' })
  * Fix warnings that indicate they are from a base class file,
    rather than real file
  * Fix warnings for **kwArgs not allowed, but using named args
  * Add config option for warning when using attribute as a function
        (off by default, old behaviour was on)

Version 0.2.5   - 12 April 2001
  * Add back support for Python 1.5.2 (again)
        (I sure like 2.0 more with the [ for ] and string methods.)
  * Add new warning for unused local variables
  * Add command line switches

Here's the current list of command line options:

  -s, --doc          turn off all warnings for no doc strings
  -m, --moduledoc    no module doc strings [on]
  -c, --classdoc     no class doc strings [on]
  -f, --funcdoc      no function/method doc strings [off]

  -i, --import       unused imports [on]
  -l, --local        unused local variables, except tuples [on]
  -t, --tuple        all unused local variables, including tuples [off]
  -v, --var          all unused module variables [off]
  -p, --privatevar   unused private module variables [on]
  -n, --namedargs    functions called with named arguments (like keywords) [on]
  -a, --initattr     Attributes (members) must be defined in __init__() [off]
  -I, --initsubclass Subclass.__init__() not defined [off]
  -A, --callattr     Calling data members as functions [off]

  -b, --blacklist    ignore warnings from the list of modules [['Tkinter']]
  -L, --maxlines     maximum lines in a function [200]
  -B, --maxbranches  maximum branches in a function [50]
  -R, --maxreturns   maximum returns in a function [10]

  -P, --printparse   print internal checker parse structures [off]
  -d, --debug        turn on debugging for checker [off]