UnpicklingError with cPickle/pickle under 2.0

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Wed Apr 4 01:12:54 EDT 2001

HI!

Any known bugs with the cPickle or bsddb module?

Sometimes I get random exceptions like these:

    return loads(self.dict[key])
UnpicklingError: invalid load key, 'Ù'.

I'm using my own sub-classed shelve-like class through anydbm.
anydbm chooses bsddb on my platform.

class Shelf(shelve.Shelf):
        """Base class for shelf implementations.

        This is initialized with a dictionary-like object.
        See the module's __doc__ string for an overview of the
interface.
        """
        def __getitem__(self, key):
                return loads(self.dict[key])

        def __setitem__(self, key, value):
                self.dict[key] = dumps(value,1)

I can't imagine what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions where
to look into it?

Ciao, Michael.