Ordered Dictionaries? Trees?

Stephen Hansen stephen at cerebralmaelstrom.com
Mon Sep 4 16:31:16 EDT 2000

I need a Dictionary who's order is perdictable and/or settable; e.g.
FIFO/LILO... For instance, if I do: dict['A'] = 1, dict['C'] = 2, dict['B'] = 3,
then dict.keys() would return ('A','C','B'), always. :)

Each value would prolly be another one of these dictionaries, so what
i'd be doing is setting up a tree-structure. What's the best way to do this,
that isn't tooooooo terribly slow? Speed isn't urgent, but hey, i'd rather
it not become a negative later on as things expand.

Thanks. :)

--Stephen