(no subject)

asiegel at eico.com asiegel at eico.com
Mon Sep 4 14:01:01 EDT 2000

Ian -

Do you see any at least potential contradiction between
your position re: newbies access to Python and

>Every time we teach a child something, we prevent him from inventing
>it himself. - Jean Piaget

My experience as a newbie had been that Python let
me discover,  with the just enough ref resources
there when I needed them. I came to it true, with some
general literacy.

I don't think it realistic or necessary to configure Python
to be  fully accessible to someone without either
general literacy or someone to guide.

Let the initiate know early on the the process necessarily
is one that will require initiative and independent effort.

Anyone with a modicum of such should have little trouble
getting at Python - or else, for them,  a live guide is a necessity,
which is OK too