tkinter unicode bug (?) + fix

Michael Pronath michael.pronath at gmx.REMOVETHIS.de
Tue Sep 19 12:33:07 EDT 2000

 I linked tkinter together with Tcl & Tk 8.2.0 .
 When using IDLE, the python interpreter segfaults as soon as I enter a
 non-ASCII character, in _tkinter.c:267 when called from _tkinter.c:1260.
 It's that tkinter expects a string in AsString where a unicode object is
 given.  This behavior was fixed after changing line 1260

    Tcl_SetResult(Tkapp_Interp(self), AsString(res, tmp), TCL_VOLATILE);

    Tcl_SetObjResult(Tkapp_Interp(self), AsObj(res));

 Michael