XML

David root at 127.0.0.1
Tue Sep 26 12:54:27 EDT 2000

K, I've read responses to my XML rants, and I've had a few days to calm
down again.

I'd like to formally thank the XML-SIG folk for making the effort to create
XML tools for Python.  I'm still frustrated, yes, but I really do
understand that it is being developed through volunteer effort and that
there will be gaps and holes at times.

I dug deeper into the PEP and discovered that the full XML-SIG package will
make it into v2, which is very reassuring.  I'll try to be patient!

And I'd like to thank everyone for not flaming my arse off, and recognizing
that I was speaking out of frustration.  I've said it before and gotta say
it again: the Python community is remarkable -- it's so friendly, helpful
and patient; quite unlike most any other Internet community I've
encountered!