multithreading on Linux

Brieuc Jeunhomme bbp at via.ecp.fr
Mon Sep 4 05:36:39 EDT 2000

> write a application on Linux and I need to know for sure if
> multithreading is supported by the python on Linux and in what degree I
> can rely on it.

Yes, threading is well supported : you have the thread and threading
modules which provide everything you may need. Also, I remember I have
read in the reference manual that every python instruction is atomical,
so you can rely on data structures like dicts and lists even when they
have to deal with concurrent access.

However, I have recently written a multithreaded app, and I can't
understand why I always get weird
'currentThread(): no current thread for 1026' when a thread terminates.
Probably I have missed something.

--
BBP