Python in game development?

Kragen Sitaker kragen at dnaco.net
Fri Sep 1 17:15:08 EDT 2000

In article <w05r5.19697$r4.10070 at news.indigo.ie>,
Gerry Quinn <gerryq at indigo.ie> wrote:
>In article <cMYq5.9365$D7.377817 at news-west.usenetserver.com>,
>kragen at dnaco.net (Kragen Sitaker) wrote:
>>In general, I agree with you.  But there are exceptions.
>
>Good points.  (Though incremental compilation means that it only takes a
>few seconds to change these things even with a compiler.)

If you have incremental compilation, it should be a few milliseconds.
Unfortunately, I don't have Python or C environments that support
incremental compilation.

>Still, plenty of coffee and pondering the source leads to the most
>bulletproof code, IMO.  Most of the examples aren't really to do with
>bug-fixing.

I can't find the original article anymore --- my news server seems to
have expired it --- but I wouldn't advocate "try something; see if it's
fixed; repeat" as a bug-fixing methodology.  I did that when I was a
kid, and it made my programs awful.
--
<kragen at pobox.com>       Kragen Sitaker     <http://www.pobox.com/~kragen/>
Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves