Debugging ActiveX Control Events in wxPython/PythonWin

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 1 16:12:49 EDT 2000

"Charles Medcoff" <cmedcoff at my-deja.com> wrote in message
news:8oonoa$vr7$1 at nnrp1.deja.com...
> That did the trick.  However I am disappointed in having to "back up".
>
> I'm not certain who is supporting win32com now that Mark is working on
> the .NET thing.  Is ActiveState doing support?  If there is someone I
> wonder if they are aware of this problem.

Hammond did participate in a brief exchange on this newsgroup, a
couple weeks ago, about the fact that win32com is now inexplicably
(but repeatably) 'losing' several events; the specific subject was
with IE events (document-complete and before-navigate are lost,
while other events do show up).  He first hypothesized that maybe
IE was not generating the events, but I showed (with a parallel
"generic event-logger listener" implemented in C++) that the
events were indeed coming.  And there the matter rests.

I _think_ Hammond is still supporting those who paid for support
of win32 before he joined ActiveState, but not accepting any more
such contracts.  ActiveState itself might be interested in selling such
commercial support, though; try them...

Alex