Remove 1.6 (Re: Python Concerns)

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Thu Sep 28 22:11:34 EDT 2000

[Tim]
> My professional advice is to stay with 1.5.2 until 2.0final is released.
> There!  Couldn't be simpler <wink>.

[Richard van de Stadt]
> I disagree. It can be simpler. Since nobody will seriously use
> 1.6, why not remove all links to it?

Remove what links?  The PythonLabs site doesn't link to it directly, and
that's the only site whose content we (Guido & slaves) have any real say
over.  If you mean www.python.org, CNRI still controls that, so you would
have to ask them.  I doubt they'll agree to remove the links to their
release from their site, though.

> Then we'll just have the old situation of one final release (1.5.2) and
> one new release-in-development (2.0).
>
> All in favor raise your hand :-)

Heh.  If you thought *Guido* doesn't count votes ...

raised-hands-can-be-pretty-though-ly y'rs  - tim