I always have to ask what they *really* want (was: can i use the python in apache like PHP??)

Tim Dixon tdixon at linux.the-dixons.net
Thu Sep 21 09:08:26 EDT 2000

On 21 Sep 2000 07:31:26 -0500, Cameron Laird posted:
>In article <39c9ba2c.0 at news2.tm.net.my>, ykchew <ykchew at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>Hi there,
>>
>>      I need to develop cgi with apache server and i would like to know
>>whether the python can be use for it or not?? (like apache + PHP)...
>			.
>			.
>			.
>Usage rant:  is it worth trying to hold the floodgates
>from the slide that identifies any server-side dynamism
>as "CGI"?  Are we already at a point where the majority
>of speakers don't recognize the distinction between
>narrow-sense CGI and in-process Web service?

Apparantly.  I've written a couple ISAPI dll's for our web page and one of
my coworkers keeps referring to them as CGI scripts.  I can't convince him
that there's a difference -- if the server runs code it's CGI. :-(

--

Tim Dixon   tdixon at the-dixons.net http://www.the-dixons.net