Problem whit float precision, 1.6 Windows 98

Grant Edwards ge at nowhere.none
Wed Sep 13 16:12:56 EDT 2000

In article <ulmwwctwp.fsf at cs.uu.nl>, piet at cs.uu.nl wrote:

>Floating point is very tricky.

That's the understatement of the year.   :)

Probably nobody should be allowed to use floating point without
taking a class on numerical methods.

>This is the way it works; if you don't know it, don't use it.

The problem is that everybody _thinks_ they know how floating
point works.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Well, I'm INVISIBLE
                                  at               AGAIN... I might as well