jpython not reading class

Neil Macneale macneale at cats.ucsc.edu
Tue Sep 5 14:25:38 EDT 2000

I am new to python,  and very impressed.  I am most interested in using it
to test java classes I have written,  and prototype quickly for java
project for my work.

I have installed jpython,  and it seems to work with all the standard java
classes.  When I try and import a class of my own,  it complains that the
class is not a valid class file:

ImportError: bad java class file in: [edit path]/Timer.class

Now I know that class file works.  I have been using it for months.  Is
the fact that it is part of a package a problem?  I tryed starting from
the package directory and it simply say there were no modules by the name
given.  I am starting jpython from the directory that the class is in,
and it seems to find the file.  It just doesn't want to open it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Neil Macneale