python QT and windows

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Mon Sep 25 10:41:44 EDT 2000

In article <8qgb9d$8od$1 at news1.xs4all.nl>,
Boudewijn Rempt <boud at rempt.xs4all.nl> wrote:
			.
>PyQt for Windows is very, very new. Qt is a from-the-grounds-up
>implementation of a gui toolkit, but a Qt application for Windows
>is indistinguishable from a native Windows application. PyQt supports
>(indeed, comes with) the latest version of Qt and includes a GUI designer
>(http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/network/2000/07/07/magazine/qt_design.html).
>PyQt for Windows does support Python 1.6 - no 2.0 yet. The API is
>sensible, and the selection of widgets good.
>
>I think you owe it to yourself to try PyQt - it's a lot of fun, and
>compare it to wxWindows. I wouldn't go with tkInter, and Pythonwin
>is a bit too platform specific for my liking.
			.
			.
			.
I recommend to readers that they take "very, very new"
in a good sense; it's much more like, "fresh", than
"immature", in this case.  PyQt is ready for serious
use--and it's also "a lot of fun", as Boudewijn correc-
tly notes!
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net