Fractal dimension

mykbourassa at home.com mykbourassa at home.com
Thu Sep 28 23:06:01 EDT 2000

You're right, I should state the question more clearly.  So:

a) I have data sets representing distributions of points in 2 and 3 D space.
They are not necessarily part of a curve or time series.
b) I want to find the fractal (Hausdorf) dimension of the data after it has been
mapped to a unit cube.
c)  I'm familiar with the algorithms for calculating the fractal dimension.  I'm
just wondering if a competent programmer (i.e. not me :-) has done it in
Python.  A routine in Matlab would also be good but I have a query out in that
news group.

Thanks for the tip to Fractint.  Unfortunately, it seems to be oriented towards
generating fractals which isn't quite what I'm looking for.  Cheers.

myk