Python 2.0b1 is released!

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Tue Sep 12 05:54:44 EDT 2000

[Robin Becker]
> This whole mess is a stinking bag of fish waiting to explode in the
> worst possible way.

Nice image!  It could also just get flushed down the toilet quietly.  We'll
see.

> I still think the GPL & FSF are the problem not the solution. The
> best possible license holder would be the public, but apparently
> FSF don't like these laissez faire non fascist/legalist licenses,
> so we get doomed to deal with purists.

GPL compatibility is important to *us*.  So if you want to blame someone for
us fighting this battle, blame us.  We fought to make the license friendlier
for Open Source users too, and for the most secretive of commercial users.
That's one hell of a mix of customers to keep happy simultaneously, and
snags along the way were expected.  I do wish this particular one would just
go away, though <wink>.

but-mostly-because-it's-the-last-ly y'rs  - tim